Joined: 08 Dec 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Topic: Crystal Reports 2008 Viewers Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 9:11am
Hello, I have made a few posts recently and want to thank everyone for their help. I have been working on my first crystal report which is a report that creates a toolsheet from information pulled from a SQL DB.
I have everything working and have learned a lot about how the program works. However I have one concern:
I have used parameter fields in my report, and have them working exactly how I want. But I would like my users to be able to bring up the report in a viewer or a web browser (either will work, i just do not want to report to be opened in Crystal Reports 2008 which would allow the user to accidentally or intentionally edit the report)
I want to make sure that the report requests the parameter fields to be filled out so the report will show the information the user requests. Is it possible to do this in a web browser or some type of viewer so that CR 2008 does not need to be opened?
Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 9:29am
I create Crystal reports for my company and I found a good viewer for the person who runs the report to use. It's from JeffNet and is their Report Runner Viewer.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum