Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Parameter fields Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Divz
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Dec 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Divz Replybullet Topic: Parameter fields
     Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 5:36am
Hello,
 
I am new to this forum and hoping someone would be able to help me with my query.
 
I have a big list of space codes (around 300) and I would like to select which spaces I want the report to run for before running the report. I have added all of them in the parameter fields but they make a massive big list. Is there any better way to do this procedure that I am unaware of.
 
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
Thank you.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 6:35am
You could use a parameter field set to dynamic an dpointing to the data field where the values are at. You can set it to allow for multiple values.
select statement is then just
{?parameter name}={table.field}
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 6:44am
you could divide those 300 codes into set, but that is if you know which sets of codes you will use.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 7:28am
well, kind of a combination, and I don't know how useful it would be, but you could use a Command object and select the DISTINCT of the datafield...which is basically DBlank's solution.
 
Taking kostya1122 idea in as well, in the comand object you could select a field as the first character of the field, and/or the first 2 characters to limit the list if they know the code that they are looking for.
 
Though this solution will remove the multiselect option (I believe, I don't use the parameter much).
 
IP IP Logged
Divz
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Dec 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Divz Replybullet Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 1:58am
Thank you very much for all your replies.
Strangely my Dynamic field is greyed out!!
Can someone please tell me how can I change that.
 
Thank you.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum