Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Showing multiple records on one page Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Author Message
gooker
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote gooker Replybullet Topic: Showing multiple records on one page
     Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 4:29am
I have created a census form for my associates for year end to verify personal information including emergency contacts. An associate may have as many as 3 different contacts but since the field name is the same, ex. fanme, faddr, etc, when it generates the letter it will print multiple letters with a contact on each page. I am unsure as to how to suppress this and get everything on one page.
Thanks
Gooker
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 4:41am
not knowing much, it sounds like each contact is a separate row of data.
If this is the case, you might want to use a subreport as that would 'condense' the report, or you could use a stored procedure to put all the contacts on 1 line of data.
 
or a simplier solution:
group by the associate and display the contacts under that group...should keep it down to 1 letter and all the relevant contacts displayed on 1 page.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
gooker
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote gooker Replybullet Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 5:07am
I think I will try the group route, seems pretty straightforward. I will let you know what happens
Gooker
IP IP Logged
gooker
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote gooker Replybullet Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 5:45am
I must have made an error, I created a group by associate name but it is putting information on multiple pages. Not sure where I made the mistake
Gooker
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 6:07am

show some samples
what the report looks like now and what you want it to look like.
IP IP Logged
gooker
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote gooker Replybullet Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 8:46am
Can I add attachments somehow? I am unsure as how to do that
Gooker
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 9:27am
just for the simple things,
check the new page before property for the groups on the report.
 
Section Expert it where you find this.
 
DBlank reminded me of this in one of his recent posts
IP IP Logged
gooker
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote gooker Replybullet Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 1:36am
Originally posted by lockwelle



just for the simple things,
check the new page before property for the groups on the report.
 
Section Expert it where you find this.
 
DBlank reminded me of this in one of his recent posts


OK, tried that and still getting one page per record.
Gooker
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 3:14am
hmmm....
since it sounds like the report is pretty simple...no dynamic suppressions, page breaks, groups, (which means that aren't any formulas to inspect) I would try the simplest solution...
 
create another report.
 
just bring in the associate table and the contacts, create a group for associates and place the contact fields into the detail section and see what is displayed.
 
If that displays like it should, either figure out what's gone wrong in the original report or build the report up from this base that works as desired.
 
Sorry I can't be of more help.
IP IP Logged
gooker
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote gooker Replybullet Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 3:17am
Originally posted by lockwelle



hmmm....
since it sounds like the report is pretty simple...no dynamic suppressions, page breaks, groups, (which means that aren't any formulas to inspect) I would try the simplest solution...
 
create another report.
 
just bring in the associate table and the contacts, create a group for associates and place the contact fields into the detail section and see what is displayed.
 
If that displays like it should, either figure out what's gone wrong in the original report or build the report up from this base that works as desired.
 
Sorry I can't be of more help.


DUH!!!! (insert Homer Simpson), I should have thought of that, many thanks, will work that angle later
Gooker
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum