Greetings!
Although I have been using Crystal Reports for several years now, I have not had any formal training and currently using an embedded version of it (XI). I am struggling with terminology when trying to figure out how to search for an answer to my issue.
So, here I go to attempt to describe my problem. Boss wants to know how many patients have one specific diagnosis versus those that have more than one diagnosis. I know I need to develop a comparison formula to weed out the "more than one" but I am struggling with it.
I am using one database with seven (7) linked tables. Here is an example, though I'm pretty sure the explanation will be confusing. Using a time frame of 11/28 to 11/30, I have 13 admitted patients. Of the 13 patients, 4 have a primary (order 1) diagnosis of anxiety, 8 have other diagnosis, and 1 a primary (order 1) diagnosis of anxiety, plus two others. Boss wants a count of all patients with a primary (order 1) diagnosis of anxiety only. When I run the report, I should have a result of 4, but the result is 5.
I am able to filter out the additional diagnoses, but I don't know how to filter out the primary (order 1) anxiety + other (secondary, tertiary, etc) diagnosis.
Using filters I can get "Primary", "Order 1", "Anxiety" but it still pulls five (5). I've tried using count, if/then/else, grouping, record orders, summaries, and exclusions to no avail. I'm terrified of attempting a subreport since i've never done one and I'm still not sure what i'm looking for.
I am not sure what information is needed to help with a resolution to this issue, though I will be checking this post for help. Let me know what I need to provide.
Thank you in advance.