Joined: 01 Dec 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: How to change the logo width in the report Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 12:09am
Hi ,
I am new to the crystal report and having the problem. I have a Logo of some width which is uploaded from the Admin section and will be displayed in the reports header.
In the database I have created one fields with the "IMAGE" datatype. The image will save in the database from the admin section in form of binary form.
I have also created a subreport for the logo and call it in the main report. Now what I want that logo should be scalable in the reports when I will uplaod the images with different widths. If I upload the image with the smaller width then Logo should not be scattered and if I upload the image with the large width then it should be not be compressed in the report.
Currently when I upload the large width image and verify the database. After verifying the database , when I drag the crystal report object from the database it's width automatically set according to the larger width. But when I change and upload the smaller width image then the logo is scattared.
Hope you will understand my problem. Thanks in advance !
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 7:06am
my experience with images in CR is very limited, and I believe it was in XI. What I found was that there was no facility to change the size of the image control on the report at run time and that it wasn't self aware of what it was loading.
In short, what you are asking is not possible...
at least in my limited experience.
perhaps other have found a way to make it work as desired.
Joined: 11 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 11:04pm
I don't know when it started ,probably with 2008, You can format a picture like you can a field.Open the format editor and click on the "Picture" tab.There you can input the size you want it to be.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 10:14am
but can you change it dynamically? I believe that I could change the size in XI, but I couldn't interogate the image to see if it was like a portrait or a landscape and to change the size of the image so that it displayed correctly.
CR would shrink/expand the image to make it fit the size of the object in the report, but it did not look very professional as any random image could be distorted.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum