I am new to this group. I need help in the following scenario:
I am building an inventory report. The tables involved are:
PART TABLE - contain PART info PARTID, DESC, ONHAND QTY
INV TRANS TABLE - Contains transactions processed including receiving, issueing, adj in & out, wo ref#, tran# date/time etc
I would like to build an inventory bal report as at (say Nov 30, 2011)
I build a formula for opening qty which will be ONHAND QTY +- NET CHANGES of qty from day 1 of the reporting start date say Nov 1 to the CURRENT DATE reconcile back to the opening qty, use this opening qty to add the changes of Nov 1-30. I can make a formula in the group section for PARTID:
OPENING QTY + QTY CHANGES FOR NOV. However, I don't know how to cumulate the calculated totals of each part to the total for all parts. Anyone please help in showing me how to build the total.
Thanks
EW