Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Topic: report design for data export Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 9:31am
Hi All,
I'm participating in a meeting next week to discuss data gathering in a specific format.
Basically a flat file with a header record and trailer record.
Can a crystal reports be used to pull the detail and also create the header and footer records? I'm using CR 11.
Was thinking a subreport for each but unsure if this is possible in crystal. I did a few keyword searches but did not find anything on this forumn thus far.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 1:14pm
hmmm....never had to do that.
I know that the excel export duplicates what is on the screen (to a large degree, it gets some columns mixed up that I don't think it should), but I would think that wouldn't be an issue in a CSV export.
I would probably create a simple report with a grouping and try to export it and see if exports as desired/expected.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum