Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Topic: Bring Formula into a header section Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 5:20am
I have created a detailed report, but I need to bring data that is calculated within group footers/report footer into the page header. I know this is possible but I can't figure it out. I have used "While Printing Records" within the report, but I need the very last line of the 'WPR" brought up into the header. Does anybody know of a way to make this happen?
I though I could use the "nthLargest" but that didnt work either...it only brings in the first record it finds.
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 8:15am
that is the problem...i have to use the WPR function to get the proper totals and that total is what I need in the Header. My formula was not producing the proper total.
Thanks for replying though...I will keep working on it.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 8:53am
you can also make a subreport, calculate the value there and then display it in the header.
I never like this solution as it runs the report twice, but if the amount of data is small enough that the report doesn't appear overly slow, it might be a viable solution.
Of course, if you could move it to the footer, the you wouldn't need the subreport, but sometimes people are intractable.
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 8:56am
hello...why didn't I think about that? That might just be the perfect solution as I have created this report to mimick a union report so we dont have to do any manual work...the totals have to stay in the header...this is a great solution.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum