Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Parameter Field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kbnyny
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Aug 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote kbnyny Replybullet Topic: Parameter Field
     Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 11:08am
I added a parameter into my report and when I go to select the new parameter values ie job titles: bookkeeper, manager and supervisors it is only displaying bookkeeper for all the employees when it return data. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong.
 
 
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 11:13am
it may have to do with your registry setting. By default I think it only lists the first 1000 rows (grouped).
 
http://crystalreportsbook.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8029
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 1:18pm
is it a dynamically generated list of available job titles?
I am assuming that there are more titles being used than just bookkeeper.
 
I know that DBlank is alluding to long list of entries, but for a list of titles, I would think that it would display correctly.
 
If it is a long list of parameter values, and they are all bookkeeper, I would try selecting from either the table that holds the titles or from the titles in the employee table itself (with a distinct clause).
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
kbnyny
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Aug 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote kbnyny Replybullet Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 2:59am
Yes there is more than one job title it is about 20 different job titles. When I refresh the data I and select my parameters; whichever job title i select first is the job title that I am getting for each employee. Even if the employee is not a bookkeeper it is displaying bookkeeper next to there name as job title.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum