Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Parameter descriptions question Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dbodell
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Quote dbodell Replybullet Topic: Parameter descriptions question
     Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 3:12am
OK, this is probably a real newbie question but it's been a while since I worked with Crystal (mostly been with SSRS). Anyway, I want to show the selected parameter descripitions in my report header instead of the values. In other words, when a user selects
 
PersonID        PersonName
123                Joe Smith
456                Jane Smith
 
I want to have a text field in my header that lists "Joe Smith, Jane Smith" instead of "123, 456". The parameter is multiselect and the value is the personID but the description is the PersonName. In SSRS I was used to doing this by selecting the parameter's label instead of its value. I have forgotten how to do this in Crystal 2008. That or I have eaten way too much for Thanksgiving and am now brain dead. Please don't tell me this isn't possible....
 
Thanks so much in advance!
Thanks,
D. Bodell
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 4:54am
I believe you would need to do this via a subreport placed in the report header

Edited by DBlank - 28 Nov 2011 at 4:54am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum