Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Question about "Selecting Expert" Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
stevo_3
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Jan 2010
Location: Belgium
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote stevo_3 Replybullet Topic: Question about "Selecting Expert"
     Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 9:51am
Hi all,

I have the following question:
Illustrating the situation...

Having a database export, a column called "Changes",
In here i have the following fields:
Title (text)
Change Class (text)
State (text)
Date (date field)

In my report I want to have different sections (i've put this in the details section:


1. Major Changes with state = "Approved"
=> here i want to show all the records filtered on =changeclass="Major change" and State = "Approved"

2. Major changes with state ="Planned"
=> here i wan to show all the records filtered on changeclass="Major" and state = Planned

etc...
----------
I've put the field "title" in the details sections and on this field I am using the "Select Expert" Record, having the following formula on the field title

{Changes.changeclass}= "Major Change" and {Changes.state}= "Approved"

This works fine for the first type of records =>
1. Major Changes with state = "Approved"

Now when i want to add point 2. and proceed the same operation (with select expert record it will influence my select on point 1.

How can i obtain this? Do I need to create a seperate subreport for this each time and include this in the details section? or am I doing something wrong?

Greetings
/S.


IP IP Logged
stevo_3
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Jan 2010
Location: Belgium
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote stevo_3 Replybullet Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 7:54pm
Hi all,

I've managed do this by using subreports for each selection,
I am afraid there is no other way
Greetings
S.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 6:04am
well....
 
I would have grouped on the Major Change field as well, then just written the report. I don't know the data behind the report, so this may not be an option.
 
If you used a stored procedure, it wouldn't be as you could include all the data that you need and then it just a matter of formatting.
 
just some thoughts, as you have already solved your issue.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum