Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: general text field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
CR_Dummy
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote CR_Dummy Replybullet Topic: general text field
     Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 6:27am
Hi,

I'm new to Crystal Reports and can't see how to group and select records on parameters that are data type generaltextfield. Is there a solution?

Thanks.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 6:12am
well, I am not sure what a generaltextfield, as it is not a term that i have seen in SQL and can't find in CR help.  If it like a Memo or Text field in SQL Server, I think that you can try and use toText().
 
I think that there is some issue with this, but I can't seem to recall the work-around.
 
It's worth a try.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum