Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: PageNumber Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Shawnlo
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 May 2011
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Quote Shawnlo Replybullet Topic: PageNumber
     Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 7:39am

Hi I am having a small issue with my page numbering:

 

I want the numbers to reset for each group so it looks something like

 
(The Following i want displayed in the Page Header)
 
User 1 -- Page 1 (Suppress this Header for page 1)

User 1 -- Page 2

User 1 -- Page 3

User 1 -- Page 4

 

User 2 -- Page 1 (Suppress this Header for page 1)

User 2 -- Page 2

User 2 -- Page 3

User 2 -- Page 4

 

Etc.

 

For the most part I have this working using the following

In my Section Expert I have the following formula for Suppress

 

if pagenumber=1 then true
else false

 

In my group Footer I have in my Section editor under Paging I have Reset Page number after checked.

 

Occasionally I get the following

 

User 1 -- Page 1 (Suppress this Header for page 1)

User 1 -- Page 2

User 1 -- Page 3

User 1 -- Page 4

 

User 1 -- Page 5 (Not Suppressed as it is not page 1)

User 2 -- Page 2

User 2 -- Page 3

User 2 -- Page 4

 

 

 

IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 10:08am
you could go to sort expert and sort on page number 
IP IP Logged
Shawnlo
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 May 2011
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Quote Shawnlo Replybullet Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 6:29pm
So it turns out if I Remove the "Keep Together" Option from Every Group Header the Page Header shows where I want it to, However this creates another issue where I need some things to "Keep Together" as they get broken apart. 
 
I think I may have messed up when I started creating the report, has been a long learning session, and this might be where my issue comes in.
 
My report has
 
Report  Header
Page Header
Group Header #1a
Group Header #1b
Group Header #1c
Group Header #1d
..
Group Header #1s
Group Header #1t
Details
Group Footer
Report Footer
Page Footer
 
If I try moving things into the details section, the reports just repeat multiple times for about 200 pages,  Each one of above group headers contains a subreport.
 
 
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 7:11pm
not sure if this will help but
when i need to use multiple subreport i try to avoid putting them in group header/footer(just the idea of subreports and groups together logically hard to understand)  instead i put them into report header/footer, and if need a to group on i do it inside of subreport.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 4:56am
why not use the previous() function to suppress instead of page numbers
 
OnFirstRecord or Prevous({table.goupid}) <> {table.groupid}
 
just a thought
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum