Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Report thinks field value is zero Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
andyjava
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Nov 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote andyjava Replybullet Topic: Report thinks field value is zero
     Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 11:20pm
Hi All,
 
Fairly new to Crystal Reports so forgive me if I ask a few daft questions to begin with.
 
I have a problem running a report in Crystal Reports 2008 whereby various sections are meant to be suppressed if a certain database field value is zero but otherwise they should show up. The database field value is not zero but the sections are suppressing for some reason.
 
We use Crystal Reports through a system called Epicor and when I run the same report through Epicor it runs fine and the sections are not suppressed ( which is how they should be ).
 
Any ideas ?
 
Cheers

Andyjava
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 3:16am
what I would try is to debug your suppression formula.
 
to do this:
move the logic from the suppression to a formula.
display the formula in the group header (I suppose) and the values that make up the formula.  This way you can compare the output and inputs and see if your there is a flaw in your logic, or if there is some value that you weren't thinking about.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum