Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Migrating Crystal XI from Teradata to Oracle platf Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
crystalmig
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote crystalmig Replybullet Topic: Migrating Crystal XI from Teradata to Oracle platf
     Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 3:56pm
Hi,
 
I need help with the following - we are migrating from Teradata to Oracle and we need to make changes to the Crystal reports accordingly.  Does anyone have an idea on how to go about this - is there a checklist of the various things I should be looking out for?
 
Thanks!
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 9:26am
you might try .rptInspector, from what I have seen it is pretty useful.
 
Depending on what changes in the migration would vary what you need to do.
 
If the table names change or the column names, you would need to change that.  If those don't change, you might be able to get away with just changing the connection...if you use ODBC, you would need to tell CR which type of connection you are using....
 
It's been a really long time since I needed to do this, but what you will need to do is change the driver file for the connection.
 
Unfortunately (or fortunate for me) I never encounter this as my company passes XML datasets to the reports...so they don't know/care about the datasource.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
crystalmig
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote crystalmig Replybullet Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 12:36am

Thanks for the response.  None of our table or column names are changing, only the source.  But I heard that the parameters may have to be modified and maybe some of the syntax.  The .rptInspector looks interesting - I may try the trial version first to see if it meets my needs.  If anyone has any other tips please pass it on. 



Edited by crystalmig - 20 Nov 2011 at 12:36am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum