Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Handling duplicate records Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Hammerklavier
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote Hammerklavier Replybullet Topic: Handling duplicate records
     Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 5:46am

Hi,

 
I am using a stored procedure to get my recordset for my report.  It looks something like this:
 
CustomerID        CustomerName         OrderID
9283749            Jones, Bob                S8273
9827398            Smith, Sandy            S2384
9827398            Smith, Sandy            S5545
9929837            Brown, Dave             S2234
 
When I create my report, I just want to show the customers in the first portion of the report, and then list all orderID's associated with those customers in a different section.  My question is, how can I set this up so that I don't see Sandy Smith twice in my customer list?  Is there a way to only show unique records?
 
Thanks,
 
Hammerklavier
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 9:42am
if you group by the customerName, then you can display the customer name in the group header, and they will only appear once.
 
using a group is an easy way to remove duplicates (conditional suppression can be done as well, but is a bit more complex)
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Hammerklavier
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote Hammerklavier Replybullet Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 10:06am
Thank you, lockwelle.  This does work.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum