Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Invalid Argument Provided Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
strogov
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote strogov Replybullet Topic: Invalid Argument Provided
     Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 9:30am
Hi all,

I use a CR designer deployed with VS2008. Now I have a strange problem when I try design my report.

Background:

My CR report connects to SQL Server 2008 via ODBC. Report call two storage procedure from SQL.

Track of my job:
1. In Database Expert I create a connection via ODBC and choice two storage procedure (SP1 - 'head of invoice' and SP2- 'details of invoice')

2. Database Expert toggle me to "Links" and I can create relation between procedures (inner join, not enforced, =). Relation is created on only one field- IDInvoice. Both procedures have a common parameter- @IDInvoice

3. In 'Report Header' I seat fields from SP1 (customer, order, date, address etc), in 'Details' I seat fields from SP2 (commodity, tax, quantity,price, value etc.)

4. When I go to "My Report Preview", CR asks me for parameter. I give the parameter.

5. CR Viewer shows message "Invalid Argument Provided"
Very interesting occurrencet - when I use on report fields from one procedure only (SP1 or SP2), report works (!). When i use fields from both procedures, error message appears.

I will be grateful every suggestion

regards

Wojciech
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 9:31am
hmm...don't know the solution, but I can suggest a work around...
subreport for the detail, link the parameters from the main to the subreport. Should work/hit the database just as often.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum