Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Running Totals Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
DarylT
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Nov 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote DarylT Replybullet Topic: Running Totals
     Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 5:55pm
Hi All,
 
I am hoping somebody can tell me if it is possible to create a report that produces a running total using data from two independent tables.
 
I have three tables in total:
 
1:  A Stock table with the details of each stock item and it's current "On hand" quantity.
 
2:  A Sales Order table with a record for each stock item sold, the quantity required and its delivery date.
 
3:  A Purchase Order table with a record for each stock item on order from our suppliers and the date it is due into store.
 
I am trying to generate a report which will produce an "On Hand" running total for each stock item and print a record when the "Stock on Hand" falls to zero or below. I need to start with the Stock on Hand quantity subtract the sales and add the purchases in date order. Is it possible? Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.....
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 3:40am
it should be possible but it is hard to say without knowingh the details of your data how to go about it.
at first blush, you may want to union the 3 tables together if there is no good join option. However you do need to get the 3 tables to work together with either joins or a union or acombination of the 2.
The running total will then have to be designed based on the final output (dataset) of that.
IP IP Logged
DarylT
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Nov 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote DarylT Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 3:39pm
Thanks for the feedback. I have setup a view in SQL Server Management Studio and used a union to combine the tables. I have now setup a running total in CR and all works fine.

Thanks for your assistance.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum