Joined: 22 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Oracle stored procedure error Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 2:31pm
Hello all,
I am trying to add a Stored Procedure through the Database Expert to my report. My Tables and Views are working fine. I can see my Stored Procedures, but when I press "OK" on the Enter Value prompt, I get a Database Connector Error: 'Cannot obtain error message from server.' The Stored Procedure is not added to my report.
Alternatively, if I don't press okay but hit the "X" to close the Enter Value prompt, the Stored procedure is added to my report, but the table shows up blank.
I am using Crystal Report 2008 with oracle Server 10, and an ODBC connection (I have tried both oracle Server and oracle Native Client as drivers.
Do i need to setup anything in the oracle ODBC
Has anyone experienced this before or know of a possible explanation?
Thank you in advance and hope this ends up helping someone else also!
Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 9:25am
I am currently having the same problem. The problem seems to be when I try to pass a parameter from Crystal to the stored procedure. When no parameter is present in the sp, then it works, but when adding the parameter back, I am getting this error.
I hope someone has an answer to this issue. It is driving me nuts!
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum