Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Schedule Multiple Reports in one e-mail? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
GizZm0
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote GizZm0 Replybullet Topic: Schedule Multiple Reports in one e-mail?
     Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 3:42am
Hello!
To start off i just wanna point out what a great forum! Helped me tons with all the problems i've encountered.

To the topic ...
I have a running Crystal XI Server that is successfully running as planned. Currently i have multiple reports scheduled and emailed on a daily basis. But after completing a batch of total 8 reports that was going to be sent out once per week something came to my mind.

I dont want to send out 8 seperate emails to the same person. My wish is to attach all these reports a single scheduled event and then be sent out to the customer. One email with 8 reports attached. Is this possible

I mean the feature itself isnt very "high-tech", to be able to attach multiple items to a single email has been working quite a while. There has to be a implemented way to do this with crystal xi server...

The only solutions i have found on the net were third-party programs able to do this, but that isnt really an option...

Thanks!
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 4:21am
while I have never used this feature, I don't believe it is possible...but I've been wrong before.
CR is probably handling the emailing as a type of export, and it will only process 1 report at a time, so it will only email 1 report per email.
 
So it would make sense that it can't attach multiple reports, as it doesn't know how many there are...each report is ignorant of the others.
 
Again, I've been wrong before, and I don't use either the email or the scheduling function, so...
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum