I guess first off – I’m a renew newbie… I haven’t used crystal report in years, so I’m sure there are new features that I’m not aware of, but my current problem is that I’m trying to create a report with the above sql statement passing 3 variable fields. The first 2 variables/parameters (CompanyNbr & FiscalYear) are required and can only have one values each per time a user runs the report. It’s the 3rd variable/parameter that I’m having problem with, in which, I would like the user to have the option of either entering 1 unit, a combination of multiple units or ‘All’ (which returns everything).
The problem I’m facing right now is, with the current SQL script, I’m able to enter one or multiple units for the third parameter, but when I try using just the ‘All’ value to return every unit type, it returns nothing. If I replace:
(left{Accounting_Unit,2} in{?AcctUnit} or {?AcctUnit} = 'All')
with just
{?AcctUnit} = ‘All’
I’m able to use the value/option ‘All’ to return all records with any unit type.
I hope I didn’t confuse you even more.
Thanks for the help…