Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Header Text Truncated-SOLVED Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Kanshouzhe
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Nov 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote Kanshouzhe Replybullet Topic: Header Text Truncated-SOLVED
     Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 7:06am
I created a report in Crystal 11 to be exported to Excel (not data only).  This is basically a data dump... and due to amount of data, fields had to be "scrunched-up".
 
Detail exports fine.  It is the Text Objects in the Header that is the problem  (these are column names).  Only what you can see in Crystal Preview is what gets exported.  Tried to edit text to allow Can Grow... but that is greyed-out. 
 
Any ideas are greatly appreciated. 


Edited by Kanshouzhe - 07 Nov 2011 at 4:51am
IP IP Logged
Kanshouzhe
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Nov 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote Kanshouzhe Replybullet Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 9:32am
Thinking I may have it figured out.   What is in the Header are Field Headings.  I deleted and replaced with Text object.  This may work.  I know that I was able to do this from Crystal 9.
IP IP Logged
Kanshouzhe
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Nov 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote Kanshouzhe Replybullet Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 9:55am

Replacing Field Header and with Text Object with "Can Grow" helped... but adds unnecessary lines to Excel and merges cells.  Lots of manual clean up to do.  Is there a better way?

IP IP Logged
Kanshouzhe
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Nov 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote Kanshouzhe Replybullet Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 4:50am
Smile  Got it!!!  Export to Excel Data Only... using Custom options.  I checked the following boxes:
 
  • Export Object formatting.
  • Maintain Relative Object position.
  • Maintain Column alignment.
 
Works for me. 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum