Joined: 01 Nov 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: records disappearing when grouping Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 11:25am
Hi folks.
I have report that I have been using for quite awhile, (in CR XI) and just noticed a problem. It is designed to report daily sales bookings, drawing info from our MIS database.
Often, one sales rep will book several jobs from one customer, so I have grouped the report by sales rep and then within each sales rep group, by customer.
I noticed that some booked sales were not showing up on the report when grouped this way. When I removed a level of grouping (in this case, "customer"), the job appeared. But when group again by customer, it vanished again.
I'm not an expert with Crystal, and am looking for a possible solution. I could leave it sorted only by sales rep, but this clutters my report and prevents me from clearly identifying monthly sales totals for each customer with each sales rep group.
Hope this is clear. Hope even more that someone can help.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 4:25am
the most likely issue when data disapperas is a join issue.
Crystal does not 'enforce' joins automatically. They are enforced if you set it that way in the the database expert (per join) or when you use at least oneĀ field from both tables in the join.
to test this drag and drop the same field you r were grouping on into the report somewhere. If it makes the same data disappear then that is your issue.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum