Hi,
I want to suppress the detail section of my report unless one of four conditions, each involving a different field, are true.
I am using SECTION EXPERT, highlighted the Details Section, clicked on "Suppress (No Drill-Down)", and the "x=2" button to enter the FORMULA WORKSHOP.
What I think should work is:
----------------------
// EXAMPLE #1
// Assume the record should be suppressed
True;
// Test whether the record meets the criteria to included
IF (field1 condition is true) Then False;
IF (field2 condition is true) Then False;
IF (field3 condition is true) Then False;
IF (field4 condition is true) Then False;
-----------------------
The above doesn't work (all records appear) and I tested it with the following really simply example:
--------------------------:
// EXAMPLE #2
// Assume the record should be suppressed
True;
// Test one case whether record meets the criteria to included
IF {AGRMNTS.AGRMNTID} startswith "x" Then False;
----------------------------;
Only three records meet the IF condition. With the above code, all records are shown.
Meanwhile the following code does work:
--------------------------
// EXAMPLE #3
IF {AGRMNTS.AGRMNTID} startswith "x" Then
False
ELSE
True;
----------------------------
If I could nest the IF statements then I could go that route, but one ELSEIF isn't enough to cover the number of conditions.
I have also tried the above stuff:
- with "Suppress (No Drill-Down)" unclicked with same results.
I must be missing something really simple
Any pointers very very welcome.
Thanks,
Jane