Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Creating a drill down chart Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Hammerklavier
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote Hammerklavier Replybullet Topic: Creating a drill down chart
     Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 2:34am
Hi,
 
I need a chart that drills down into another chart.  I have grouped based on state, then on county, then on city.  When I double-click on the state in my pie chart, I want it to take me to another pie chart based on the counties in that state.  Instead, double-clicking only takes me to the table data for that state.
 
The three groups have been created, and there is summary information for them in the group footers.  I wonder if I'm doing something wrong in the Chart Expert.  The layout is set to group, and the "On Change of" is set to State.  What do I need to do to get a chart that drills down into another chart?
 
Thank you.
IP IP Logged
SamD
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote SamD Replybullet Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 3:00am
Hammerklavier,
 
I would insert subreport to your main report for the drill down. Think that maybe easier.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 4:06am
Another option,
if you place a 'County' chart in the State group header it will appear to open up on drilldown.
You can also conditionally suppress it using
drilldowngrouplevel=0
IP IP Logged
Hammerklavier
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote Hammerklavier Replybullet Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 7:01am
DBlank,
 
Thank you for the suggestion.  This achieves virtually the same goal as what I had in mind.
 
That said, can anyone confirm whether or not Crystal Reports XI has the built-in functionality to have a chart that drills down directly into another chart?  I've been told this is something our company will begin doing with our reports, but I'm having a difficult time finding evidence that this can be done.  Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 7:19am
to my knowledge no such process exists in crystal XI (or earlier).
perhaps something in .net might facilitate it but I do not use that.
The help files only indicate drilling into the details...
"double-click to view the underlying details for that section of the chart."
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum