Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Running Total Error Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
SamD
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote SamD Replybullet Topic: Running Total Error
     Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 4:51am

Trying to create a running total, here is my formual:

@Total //forumual name
whileprintingrecords;
NumberVar Add;
Add:= Add + {@Potential $};
 
It's adding up correctly on the Group footer, but when I put the @Total on the Report Footer its adding the last value on the group footer to the Total.
 
Any ideas? What am I missing on the formual?
 
I have to use the above formual since crystal won't allow me to use the sum() function.
 
Thanks!
IP IP Logged
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Quote FrnhtGLI Replybullet Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 5:17am
create another formula that just displays the numbervar:

whileprintingrecords;
NumberVar Add;

That should do it.
|< /\ '][' ( )
IP IP Logged
SamD
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote SamD Replybullet Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 6:27am
Thanks FrnhtGLI!
 
Is there a way for me to make my subreport work if I hide my drill down?
Right now, if i hide my drill down my calc value turns $ 0.00
IP IP Logged
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Quote FrnhtGLI Replybullet Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 3:29am
I've had issues with suppressing subreports and not having their values displayed. I do not have experience with drill down sections though.

If I need to have a subreport calculate a total, but do not need it to display, I usually just make it very small and set it to not grow.

Sorry I can't be of more help for that though.
|< /\ '][' ( )
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum