Good afternoon,
I need to build a decline account report.
What would be the best way of identifying a customers BEST month based on their quantity purchased? (so simply need to identify which month, in the last 2 years, had the highest quantity of units)
I want to go back as far as 2 years.
my table contains fields YEAR & PERIOD & QTY
the YEAR data is: 31 = 2011, 30 = 2010, 29 = 2009, and so on.
the PERIOD data is: 1 = Jan, 2 = Feb, etc...
the QTY data is at line level, so I will need to SUM this by customer.
Any ideas?
I currently have the report set up as:
Header CUSTOMER CURRENT MONTH LAST MONTH BEST MONTH
group1 CUSTOMER A 29 units 84 units ?
CUSTOMER B 117 units 209 units ?
CUSTOMER C
Etc, etc
Can anyone advise on a formula for me?
Thanks in Advance
Mike