Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Round'ing problems Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Goldberg
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Location: Portugal
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Quote Goldberg Replybullet Topic: Round'ing problems
     Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 4:47am
Hello,

I'm having problems trying do round a result of a count.
On my crystal report I have a crosstab that looks like this:




Now let's take Sara as an example:

Gross value: 111.00
VAT: 0
IRS: 23,87

To get the Wage Value, I have the following formula:

wage = total - irs (aka wage = grossvalue + vat - irs)

The result of this should be 87,13 however, when calculating on the report itself, I get 87.14 as result.

Every value is 2 decimal formated. I've tried using the "round" format but still not succeeded.


What do you think it can be?

Thanks


Edited by Goldberg - 26 Oct 2011 at 4:53am
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 5:02am
you might look at truncate or use floor
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 5:03am
also if you are using a totext i found that always rounds up
IP IP Logged
Goldberg
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Location: Portugal
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Quote Goldberg Replybullet Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 9:37pm
Using floor would turn all decimals into "00", but I think truncate did it.
Once again, thanks, DBlank!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum