Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: How to suppress a row with zero's & Divide by Zero Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Author Message
JLH82
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote JLH82 Replybullet Topic: How to suppress a row with zero's & Divide by Zero
     Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 9:58am
I have as column headers: Item #, QtyonHand, YTDQtySold, STdPrice, AveCost, LastCost

They are grouped by Item # without subtotals and grand totals, if the QtyOnHand is zero, I don't want it to be displayed.

I thought it was something like

if QtyOnHand = 0 then something else something

Not really sure what those somethings should be... and I'm pretty sure I need to put it in the Item # under the details and then the suppression formula...

Also, I'm getting a divide by zero error, the formula is:
formula = ({IM1_InventoryMasterfile.StdPrice} - {IM1_InventoryMasterfile.AveCost})  / {IM1_InventoryMasterfile.StdPrice}  * 100

I've seen a couple of these on the forums, but I can't figure out how to turn it into an IF statement, this formula is another field called @AvgCostMargin which is inserted into the report under the details.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 10:52am
divide by zero
if {IM1_InventoryMasterfile.StdPrice}=0 then 0 else ({IM1_InventoryMasterfile.StdPrice} - {IM1_InventoryMasterfile.AveCost})  % {IM1_InventoryMasterfile.StdPrice}
 
suppression I assume is a group level summary of zero
ou can excude the group using a group select statement or you can suppress each of its section using a suppressino statement but both require the summry to be able to be obtained via an insert summry function (or its eqivalent)
SUM(value,group)=0
 
IP IP Logged
JLH82
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote JLH82 Replybullet Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 3:30pm
get another problem,
if {IM1_InventoryMasterfile.StdPrice}=0 then
it says a statement is expected after "Then"
I copied what you have, am I missing something?

as for the suppression, I tried to get the subtotals and grand totals back, which would have been easy, but crystal just crashed... I'll try again in the morning.

Thanks!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 4:11pm
In the formula editor ther is a pick list for the language.
Change it to 'crystal syntax'
IP IP Logged
JLH82
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote JLH82 Replybullet Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 4:47am
Changed it, no more divide by zero error...

Now onto the suppression. Which way is easier? also, the field object I'm editing is the Group #1 Footer which holds the subtotals for the Item #'s, correct?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 4:50am
you only need to suppress the group footer or the header, details and footer?
IP IP Logged
JLH82
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote JLH82 Replybullet Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 4:59am
only need to suppress the details

see design screen shot: http://tinypic.com/r/2vbk5kz/7

and the preview of the report: http://tinypic.com/r/21eyptu/7
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 7:26am

in order to suppress details based on a group total the value has to be gotten via a SUM(field,group). It look like you have a straight forward design so you can use the sum of your quantity on hand at the item group level (group1)

in the section expert select the detail section and the fromula box for 'Suppress (no drill down)'
add your suppression formula here
sum(table.quantityonhand,tableitem)=0
IP IP Logged
JLH82
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote JLH82 Replybullet Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 7:45am
the above formula comes back with the error " The ) is missing" and I've checked it, i copied it and pasted it where you said for me to put it, and still the error... "The ) is missing" and it places the cursor after ( and before the "t"in table.

sum(table.quantityonhand,tableitem)=0
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 7:55am
you have to replace the inner values with your actual table names and fields
sum(table.quantityonhand, tableitem)=0
 
an example would be like this..
sum({sales.monthlysales},{employee.id})=0


Edited by DBlank - 25 Oct 2011 at 7:56am
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum