Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Grouped on Month, partial year data Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
PCBob
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote PCBob Replybullet Topic: Grouped on Month, partial year data
     Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 7:43am
I have a main report with two subreports, one for 2010 and the other for 2011. Each subreport groups sales by month, with a subtotal and grand total. I have supressed the detail. For 2010 I have 12 months of data, but for 2011 I have only 10 months. I would like to show the two years side by side to compare, and so I've got the Change Group Options set for each month.

Trouble is, for 2011 it only lists the 10 months for which there is data, and puts the grand total on the eleventh line. Is there a way to force the 2011 subreport to include group footers for November and December, even thought there is no sales data yet, so my two reports can be aligned?

Thanks for your help!   
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 8:46am
in general your data has to have all the rows in that support the groups you want to see (e.g. data set has to have at least 1 row per month). However you could concievable mimic your 'month row' as 12 month footers taht are conditionally suppressed based on todays date (this month).
 
That being said, it sounds like you don't need any sub reports and you can do what you want as a crosstab in the main report.
column using date field set to year
row using a formula field convering date field to month.
 
IP IP Logged
PCBob
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote PCBob Replybullet Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 8:55am
I can see how using a crosstab would solve my labeling problem, but unfortunately, the data I'm accessing to do this report comes from different sources.

It sounds like Crystal doesn't allow for the formatting I need. I will probably just do it in Excel. Thanks for your quick reply.

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 9:55am

it is possible, not just in the way you were hoping.

the multiple report footers would be a likely solution.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum