Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Count of repeated status? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Author Message
skyliner34
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote skyliner34 Replybullet Topic: Count of repeated status?
     Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 4:36am
Hello,
     looking for a bit of help please. I have an Oracle based Remedy database and from it I need to extract incidents over lastfullmonth that have been Resolved twice in the Status.
 
For example a call is logged, assigned, worked on and Resolved, then after a short time the status changes from Resolved to assigned (in essence re-opened, due to the fix not working), a bit more work and then resolved for a second time.
 
I know that the simple solution is to apply a new field to Remedy called "Re-Opened" and then Crystal can directly report from that, but the Admin will not put any development time into it, so I am stuck with trying to work a solution from within Crystal.
 
 
Any thoughts?


Edited by skyliner34 - 20 Oct 2011 at 4:44am
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 4:47am
one possible way
 
group on the primarykey (call_id)
create a formula to flag "resolved"
if table.status='resolved' then 1
sum this at the group level
sum(@flag,table.call_id)
add a goup select criteria (in the select expert, group selection)
sum(@flag,table.call_id)>1
IP IP Logged
skyliner34
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote skyliner34 Replybullet Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 5:55am
Thanks :) I will give that a try
IP IP Logged
skyliner34
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote skyliner34 Replybullet Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 10:04pm
Afraid all I can get the report to do is to display the final call status of "Resolved" as the figure 1 (if the status is "closed" then a 0 is shown). I cant get it to count how many times the call was at the status of Resolved greater than 1
IP IP Logged
skyliner34
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote skyliner34 Replybullet Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 12:33am
I have found this within another thread here
 
local numbervar iIndex := instr({HPD_HelpDesk.Status}, "Resolved");
local numbervar iCount:=0;
 
 
while iIndex <> 0 do
(
if iIndex <> 0 then iCount := iCount + 1;
iIndex := instr(iIndex + 1, {HPD_HelpDesk.Status}, "Resolved")
);
 
iCount
 
But once again will only display the figure "1" when the final status is "Resolved", but not how many times the status of a call was at Resolved (I.E Opened, Resolved, Assigned, Resolved. Should show a figure of "2" as for all intents and purposes the call was reopened)
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 2:36am
Perhaps I am not understanding your data. I was under the impression that you have multiple rows of data per but do you have one row with a single field that gets changes appended to it?
Can you post some dummy sample rows?
IP IP Logged
skyliner34
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote skyliner34 Replybullet Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 2:57am
Sorry yes, perhaps I didnt make my situation very clear.
 
I have 1 row called HPD_HelpDesk.Status which will only display 1 statement at a time, but changes often depending on the progress of the call.
 
Here are some lines from the report. You will see the column "reopened" and to the right, the status field (of which is displaying the current status). What I would like to try to do is to `drill` down into the status to determine if a call was ever at "Resolved" more than once.
 
Case_ID_ Case_Type Create_Time Category reopened Status Resolved_Time
SD526881 Incident 28/09/2010  15:39:10 Software 1.00 Resolved 27/09/2011  16:16:33
SD537854 Incident 01/12/2010  13:20:18 Software 0.00 Closed 01/09/2011  14:55:01
SD539170 Incident 09/12/2010  10:54:18 Software 1.00 Resolved 28/09/2011  10:49:17
SD540762 Incident 20/12/2010  10:19:32 Software 0.00 Closed 06/09/2011  13:10:23
SD548206 Incident 05/02/2011  06:14:21 Smart421 0.00 Closed 05/09/2011  16:23:10
SD551859 Incident 28/02/2011  10:18:04 Hardware 0.00 Closed 06/09/2011  15:29:17
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 3:14am
So I assume there are multiple rows that have the same caseid, correct?
Can you show samples of this?
IP IP Logged
skyliner34
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote skyliner34 Replybullet Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 3:27am
No, each row is unique by its case_id. The query will return cases that were either closed or resolved during a given time (in this case lastfullmonth)
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 3:35am
I am thinking that you are under the impression that since crystal is hooked into the db that it can utilize any data in it. It only has access to what you bring into the report after select statements are applied. I order to know which records have more than one resolution you have to bring in all the records. Once you filter these out there is no way to reference that data.
Another possibility is that your data set is one row that gets updated on each change. Unless you have another history table that stores the changes that accur and use that as your source you are out of luck. Crystal only knows what data is pulled into the report.
Does this make sense?
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum