Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Subreports wiht Universe-Datasource Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mro01
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote mro01 Replybullet Topic: Subreports wiht Universe-Datasource
     Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 10:42pm
following example for my problem:

I try to define a main-report which several sub-reports. main-report contains for example article reference-data (article-No, article-name, ...). The subreport should contain sales-information.

I would like to start the mainreport with a parameter artikel-no and a time-period. The subreport contains as well the parameters article-no and timeperiod. The parameters of the main-report should linked to the subreport, so that I have to enter the parameters by report-start only once.

Unfortunately in my case, by report-start crystal expect the parameters twice: I have to enter article-no and timeperiod for both, for main- and for subreport. The normal subreport-linking doesn't work! With "nomal" relational databases I have done it for many times, but not in my case with a universe as datasource. Angry

What I am doing wrong ????? Any idea ?

environment:
crystal report 2008
oracle-datawarehouse as universe-datasource

thanks for help !
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 6:26am
you don't have any command objects do you?  I have heard of similar prompting when command objects are involved.
 
I am assuming that the linking is correct between main and sub...I've made mistakes before.
 
 
IP IP Logged
mro01
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote mro01 Replybullet Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 6:33am
what do you mean by "command object" ? Crystal or Universe object ?

I am not very firm with universe :-(
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 6:37am
I was referring to a CR command object...it is a way to pull in additional information.  Some people use it as a datasource, though I believe that it was created to be able to get the latest values from the database.
 
Since you're asking, I would assume that, that is not the case.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum