Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Convert 10/19/2011 to OCT192011 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
gloworm
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 10 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Quote gloworm Replybullet Topic: Convert 10/19/2011 to OCT192011
     Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 4:30am
I have looked around and cannot find an example of how to accomplish this.

I need to take a date field and make it show the month as a word and not a number.

For instance, todays date.  I would want todays date to show as OCT192011 instead of 10/19/2011.

I have looked in the formulas and do not see anything that will work as far as I can tell.

Thanks


Edited by gloworm - 19 Oct 2011 at 4:37am
IP IP Logged
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Quote FrnhtGLI Replybullet Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 4:38am
uppercase(monthname(month(currentdate),true))
&
totext(day(currentdate),0)
&
replace(totext(year(currentdate),0),",","")


EDIT

Of course, you could always customize the format of the date field with the Date tab of the Format Editor.


Edited by FrnhtGLI - 19 Oct 2011 at 4:43am
|< /\ '][' ( )
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 4:49am
also
uppercase(totext(today,"MMMddyyyy"))
IP IP Logged
gloworm
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 10 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Quote gloworm Replybullet Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 4:51am
Thanks for the input.  I went with DBlanks answer for simplicity.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum