Home
Crystal Reports Training
Crystal Reports XI
Crystal Reports .NET
Crystal Reports Forum
News
Tech Support
Active Topics
Memberlist
Search
Help
Register
Login
Technical Questions
Crystal Reports Forum
:
Crystal Reports 9 through 2022
:
Technical Questions
Topic: Convert 10/19/2011 to OCT192011
Author
Message
gloworm
Groupie
Joined: 10 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Topic: Convert 10/19/2011 to OCT192011
Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 4:30am
I have looked around and cannot find an example of how to accomplish this.
I need to take a date field and make it show the month as a word and not a number.
For instance, todays date. I would want todays date to show as OCT192011 instead of 10/19/2011.
I have looked in the formulas and do not see anything that will work as far as I can tell.
Thanks
Edited by gloworm - 19 Oct 2011 at 4:37am
IP Logged
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 4:38am
uppercase(monthname(month(currentdate),true))
&
totext(day(currentdate),0)
&
replace(totext(year(currentdate),0),",","")
EDIT
Of course, you could always customize the format of the date field with the Date tab of the Format Editor.
Edited by FrnhtGLI - 19 Oct 2011 at 4:43am
|< /\ '][' ( )
IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 4:49am
also
uppercase(totext(today,"MMMddyyyy"))
IP Logged
gloworm
Groupie
Joined: 10 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 4:51am
Thanks for the input. I went with DBlanks answer for simplicity.
IP Logged
Printable version
Forum Jump
-- Select Forum --
Announcements
Talk with the Author
Self-Publishing
Job Postings
New feature request
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Technical Questions
Tips and Tricks
Crystal Xcelsius
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
You
cannot
post new topics in this forum
You
cannot
reply to topics in this forum
You
cannot
delete your posts in this forum
You
cannot
edit your posts in this forum
You
cannot
create polls in this forum
You
cannot
vote in polls in this forum
HOME
|
FREE EBOOK
|
PROGRAMMING GUIDE
|
PURCHASE
|
REVIEWS
|
CONTACT ME
|
FAQ
|
LINKS
|
PRIVACY
|
CLICK PLAYS
|
KONACAD
© 2004-2026 Brian Bischof. All Rights Reserved.