Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Cross Tab - Muitple DB Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
gilinnc
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 18 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote gilinnc Replybullet Topic: Cross Tab - Muitple DB
     Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 9:04am
Hello CR'ers.  This is my first post and I hope it won't be last. 
 
I need guidence here.  I have never done cross tab and I am just starting into Crystal Reports. 
 
I am trying to create a report as shown below:
  Ele. Man. Other Total
Joe 1 2 1 4
Doe 2   3 5
Smith 1 1 4 6
John 1 1 1 3
The column "Ele" and "Man." derives from 1 table while the "Other" derives from another table as shown below:
Table 1 Table 2
Doe E567 Doe C123
Doe E890 Doe C568
Joe E123 Doe C789
Joe M585 Joe C987
Joe M485 John C654
John E234 Smith C399
John M654 Smith C288
Smith E345 Smith C177
Smith M577 Smith C456
I am trying to  tally up the 'count' of different data by identifying the first letter of the codes (i.e. E, M or C)
 
I thought about creating CR to export them into Excel but I don't think that would work.
 
Does anyone here could lend me a hand?
 
Thank you in Advance for any tips or guidence.
 
Gil
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 9:59am
how are you joining the tables to get your data set?
IP IP Logged
gilinnc
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 18 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote gilinnc Replybullet Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 10:09am
There is no joining.  Because there are no relationship between Table 1 and Table 2.  
I can join them, but I am still a 'newbie' here and trying to do this the right way.
Here is the full giest of it.
Table 1 is pretty straight forward.  The reason for Table 2 has a different set of records and one of the fields is a "memo" field that will be used to select records.
My head is already spinning from trying to combine the Table 1 and Table 2, but the record selection is different.
Table 1 is straight forward in selecting either E or M first character code, but the Table 2, I need to use a search the text in the memo field to select a record, once selected it should be populated into the report for Table 1.
 
that is why I thought I could create report 1 and export the data into Excel and create report 2 and export/add into Excel and finish up the table/report through Excel.
 
Gil
 
p.s. sorry for confusing everyone.  I may not have explained myself much, but please be understanding.


Edited by gilinnc - 18 Oct 2011 at 10:15am
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 10:34am
I think you will need to union the tables togther in a command
from there your design would be pretty straight forward
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum