Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Display multiple related data rows in 1 row in CR Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
JAYTEE
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote JAYTEE Replybullet Topic: Display multiple related data rows in 1 row in CR
     Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 8:27am
Hi
Please find below the dummy structure of table

ID Caseid   Eventtype   Eventdate
1      101      Applied      10/10/2000
2      101      Approved     20/10/2000
3      101      Published    30/10/2000


I need the output of report as a single row as shown below:

CaseId   Applied Date   Approved Date     Published Date
101      10/10/2000      20/10/2000        30/10/2000

First row contains heading.

I have grouped data on caseid. Then I created 3 formulae for displaying different event date for Applied, Approved, Published events respectively. But the problem is when I keep those formula in detail section it is showing three rows as below

CaseId   Applied Date   Approved Date     Published Date
101          10/10/2000       
101                           20/10/2000              
101                                                  30/10/2000


Can anybody help me in this. I have also tried format with multiple column option in Section Expert but did not succeed.


Thanks in advance.




IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 8:32am

you can group on caseID

create 3 maximums (one per formula you created) and place them all in the group footer (or group header)
suppress the details and headers as needed for look you desire


Edited by DBlank - 18 Oct 2011 at 8:34am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum