Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: how to fix a fix a section and stop it from growin Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
charlese
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote charlese Replybullet Topic: how to fix a fix a section and stop it from growin
     Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 5:03am
Hello,
 
I have got a report which display invoice detail grouped by check Id.  So the section in my report are
- Report Header - which I suppress as I do not need it
- Page Header - prints some title
- Group header - contain 4 subreports
- Detail - suppress as everthing goes into the group header
- Group Footer - prints the cheque
- Report Footer - Suppress
- page Footer
 
The requirements was to only print 11 lines in the detail section which I have managed to do and works perfectly thanks to Sharona's help on this forum.
 
In my group header, I have 4 sub reports (1) AODetailLine which prints the line item invoice detail for the firm, (2) AODetailLine_footer which prints one line item total again for internal use, (3) ClientRemittance_DetailLine which is an exact copy of AODetailLine but a copy for our client, (4) ClientRemittance_Footer which is an exact copy of AoDetailLine_Footer but for the client
 
However this is where the problem start...
 
If I have 1 invoice line detail they are printed on one page and my footer is printed at the right position for both AODetail and ClientRemittance section.  However if my report has got about 5 detail invoice lines, the footer for the AODetail on the first page is pushed down futher down the report and so is the footer for the ClientRemittance section which prints on the perforated cheque and this is something I do not want to happen.  I need that footer to be fixed because ultimately I am printing on pre-printed paper and everything should print at the right position and be precised.
 
I have tried all sorts of things like untick the "Can Grow" check box for each sub report but as soon as I do that,  nothing gets printed.
 
I am at the end of my investigation and would be grateful if some expert can shed some light onto this. Dead
 
Thanks
Charlese
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 3:41am
well, I guess the first question is what is supposed to happen if there are say 8 detail lines?
 
If you are printing multiple pages, then I would count lines printed and force a page break.  Yes this is problematic, as a cell could grow or wrap and CR will not inform you.  Yes it is kludgy, and No, I haven't heard of anything better...wish there was a better option.  To CR's credit, it is really no worse than it's competitors that I have had to use.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 4:08am
The only other thing I can think of is to change your design and use another subreport in place of your details. You can control the size of that report thereby controlling the size of the main report page.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum