Topic: print set number of lines in each subreport Posted: 31 May 2011 at 5:28am
I am trying to print cheques on pre-printed paper. This form is split into 3 sections :
Section 1 - List of invoices - for internal use
Section 2 - List of invoices - for client remittance
Section 3 - Actual cheque
In section 1 & 2 we can only print a maximum of 10 invoice line item. So if we have a total of 20 invoice line item we want to print 10 invoice lines in section 1, 10 invoice lines in section 2, void the cheque on page one. But continue to print the other 10 invoice lines on page 2 for both section 1 & 2 and print the cheque on page 2.
Can anyone out there please help as I am running out of ideas where to tell CR to stop printing (and not to do a page break after section 1 but to continue to print section 2, void the cheque and then print the rest of the lines on page 2.
Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 255
Posted: 31 May 2011 at 6:37am
i have a check rpt file that does exactly what you want to do.
it uses 2 subreports in a main report. the subs are used for headings.
works well with multiple page checks. doesnt look like i can attach any files. you can email give me your email address and i can foward the rpt file to you if you want.
I am facing the same issue like Charlese on counting line number for sub report. I need to print into a pre printed form, 1 page only able to print 18 lines, I able to calculate total line to be print from details, but group footer is a sub report, how can i calculate the total line from details and sub report (in side also have the details) from group footer.
Can I have the sample report as you send to Charlese? Thanks a lot.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum