Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Show selected record by FIFO method Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Ronny101
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Oct 2011
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 18
Quote Ronny101 Replybullet Topic: Show selected record by FIFO method
     Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 10:16am

Hi

I have a subreport where I have records of  lot numbers, bin number, lot date, and quantity on hand and quantity ordered.  I need to show on the report the records by the FIFO method to fill the quantity ordered.

As an example I have the following;

 

Lot #    Bin #    Lot Date           Quantity on Hand

1568    1B1      21 Sept 10       52

1657    2D4     5 Oct 10          12

1712    5S2      9 Dec 10          6

2008    6A4     15 Feb 11        65

 

My order quantity is 10, since lot 1568 is the oldest stock I need the subreport only to show the first record and suppress the other three records;

 

1568    1B1      21 Sept 10       10

 

Thanks for you help

IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 12:18pm
I am assuming that these are tied to an item or a group somehow.
 
If so, sort by the date ascending and just display the desired entry in either the group header or footer...suppress the details
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum