Hi,
depends on how your data is set.
Again, its very difficult to help as we dont understand how your database / tables work.
a simple way would be to create a group for a date range first.
My tables have fields called TRANS.PERIOD or TRANS.INVDATE
and lets say I also have a field called TRANS.REQUESTS
PERIOD is the same as month.
REQUESTS are either Incidents or Service.
so, I would:
insert a TRANS.PERIOD group
in the select expert, add: TRANS.PERIOD is equal to 9 (September)
then I would write 2 formulas like:
@INCIDENTS -
{TRANS.REQUESTS} = "Incident"
@SERVICE -
{TRANS.REQUESTS} = "Service"
I would then drag these 2 newly created formulas into the details section on the report.
then, Right click 1 off the forumla's, and select INSERT SUMMARY, select SUM, and summarize it by the PERIOD GROUP.
do the same for the other formula, and you will then have 2 total fields showing the total amount of INCIDENTS & SERVICES for the month of September (Period 9)
you can then use these summarized fields as described in my first post, to do your charts.
Obviously you will need to select / group by whatever field your tables use to determine a period of time.
if its say: INVOICEDATE or somthing similar, you simply group by that field and put the start and end date in your select expert.
Hope this helps.
If you need anything else, just shout. I enjoy helping where I can :)