Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Parameter Formula Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Jenny00
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Jenny00 Replybullet Topic: Parameter Formula
     Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 6:40am
What would be the formula so that a value entered returns all data?

Meaning, if my parameter prompts for a value to be entered, which must be a number, and a zero is entered, I need the forumula to return all data (for that parameter), based on another date parameter.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 7:03am
({?parameter}=0 or {?parameter}={table.numberfield})
and
other date condition here
IP IP Logged
Jenny00
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Jenny00 Replybullet Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 12:05pm
Where would I enter this? I ask because my main report has about 9 subreports and they all have this parameter.

However, it's from the main report that you enter zero in the parameter.

Would it be possible to create another subreport that would do this?
All the subreports bring in the data in totals onto the main report. So, I would need to have the parameter bring in all data wen you enter a zero, but also I need the data grouped.

This is so confusing........help!!!!!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 12:11pm
YOu can make one param iont he main report and use it as a link to any/all subreports (if that is where you want to filter the results).
in each subreport you will need to alter each select statemetn to use what I gave you, replacing the linked paramater...I think it will end up looking
({?pm-parameter_name}=0 or {?pm-parameter_name}={table.numberfield})
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum