Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: isnull multiple fields??? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jbalbo
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 219
Quote jbalbo Replybullet Topic: isnull multiple fields???
     Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 7:23am
Hi,
 
I want to supress a footer if mutiple fields are null.
DO I have to nest them or is tthere a Coalesce type way?
 
I tried isnull(field1,field2, etc..) that doesnt work...
 
Thx
Joe
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 7:43am

I have only ever done it as

isnull(field1) and isnull(field2) and isnull(field3)...
 
Keep in mind for a footer this is only referencing the last row that was before the footer


Edited by DBlank - 06 Oct 2011 at 7:43am
IP IP Logged
jbalbo
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 219
Quote jbalbo Replybullet Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 7:58am
thx for getting back..
I think I may be havinga  problem on the report footer .
Im using a conditional surpress.
it says ...  isnull({#cue1})
#cue1 is a running total where it takes the max valueof a field based on a date.
When I use the isnull({#cue1})  it surpresses everything even when #cue1 has a value

Thanks
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 8:12am
in the suppression formula chaneg the pick list option to 'Default Values for Nulls' and change your code to use 0
{#cue1}=0
IP IP Logged
jbalbo
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 219
Quote jbalbo Replybullet Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 8:14am
not to sound too dumb where do i change the pick list option?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 8:38am
hmm, it seem sthat not every one can find it.
It may be depend on the version.
I believe is technically part of the "expression editor" inside the Formula Workshop - Formula editor.
The 'expression editor' can be moved around in the tool bar so I do not recall the standard location but in my set up it is to the right of the Syntax pick list option.
 
If you cannot find it try and change another setting under File > Report Options 'Convert Other Null Values to Default' as True
 
IP IP Logged
jbalbo
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 219
Quote jbalbo Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 4:05am
great, thx thats working!!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum