Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Pass parameter to main report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Menwil
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2011
Location: South Africa
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Menwil Replybullet Topic: Pass parameter to main report
     Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 1:37am
Good day,
 
I have a report that draws the data from a schema file and I can not change the schema file to include more filters (parameters) on the form.
So I added a subreport with a parameter. However when I run the report and choose the parameter, it does unfortunately not filter on my main report.
 
Example:
 
 
Code    Description      Active (sub report field)
 
123      Hex Bolts            Y
456      Cylinders            Y
789      Rims                  **this would print "N" but I chose "Y" as my
                                     parameter**
 
When I run the report I can choose the "Active" parameter as "Y" or "N" and this does filter on what shows in the Active field, but it does not take away the lines in the main report.
 
Any suggestions or help please.
 
Thanks!
 
ERP Consultant : Syspro
Cell : +27 82 851 5531
menwilg@greencage.co.za
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 9:04am
you would need to conditionally suppress the display in the main report, the subreport is 'displayed' in the main report, it does not affect any lines in the main report.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum