Topic: Supressing Field Based on Section Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 10:39am
Hello,
I have a report that has multiple subreports. Essentially, what I need is a page footer in one of the subreports; however, that does not work and I've been told that is not possible due to how pages are managed. Therefore, what I'd like to do is place my field on the page footer of the main report, and supress it, unless the section is equal to x, meaning, the section which contains my subreport.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 8:46am
well, if the field is from the subreport and not the main report, it won't be available for display. What you could do is pass a shared variable with the value you want back from the subreport to the main report and display that. You could also have the page header clear the variable so that it would only display in the correct footer...or you could conditionally suppress as originally planned.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum