Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Database query from formatting formulas Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
duskfire
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 30 Sep 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote duskfire Replybullet Topic: Database query from formatting formulas
     Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 7:19pm
Hi,
 
I am working on a requirement where I am supposed to show colors for a background of field on the report based on some value set in another table. How do I accomplish this requirement?
 
I tried this statement
If({Table.Column} = "SomeValue") then "SomeOtherValue"
but {Table.Column} is always returning the first value in that column.
 
I appreciate if some one can help me here.
 
Thanks,
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 3:43am
how did you join the tables together? Are you getnig the right values in the overall joined data results?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum