Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Calculating Monthly Avg Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
CoachGBT
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Quote CoachGBT Replybullet Topic: Calculating Monthly Avg
     Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 3:54am
I'm attempting to calculate a monthly average. I've create the following formula:
Sum({PTLTODO_TIMETRACKERLABOR.TT_LABORHOURS}) / Count({PTLTODO_TIMETRACKERLABOR.PTLNO})
 
And I've inserted a Cross-Table to that would list the average for each month. I used the following formula to list each month:
MONTHNAME(Month({PTLTODO_TIMETRACKERLABOR.TT_CREATEDATE}),true)
 
I'm not sure how to combine the two to get the monthly average.
 
Your help is appreciated.
CoachGBT
IP IP Logged
CoachGBT
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Quote CoachGBT Replybullet Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 7:11am
I've figured out the hard part.
 
Now here comes the puzzeling part for me. I have a simple formula field named LaborHours - ({PTLTODO_TIMETRACKERLABOR.TT_LABORHOURS}) and in the chart it provides the sum of hours (Correct total) for each month where certain conditions are applied. When I include this formula field as a summarized field to get the average in the Cross-Table, it provides the averages as if conditions are not applied.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum