|
Hi friends,
I have got stuck with a weird problem. In my crystal report, I have set up some input parameters. I am setting values for these parameters somewhere inside code. But I don't want to show the default input parameter dialog box. Under any case, user should not see the ugly parameter dialog box that crystal presents.
Please suggest me how I can achieve this. I cannot do this through code, because our environment does not allow that. I have to do this in crystal reports viewer and by setting some property of the crystal report object. But everything must be done on UI, not through code.
So, the solution should not be the following.
// step before step 1
// **** the line needs to refer to the report and be set before setting
ReportSource in the viewer to myReport
myReport.EnableParameterPrompting = False
//*****
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Murtaza
|
|
I'm confused. You listed programming code in your post, but you say that you can't use code? So do you want to prompt the user for the parameters via a custom app? Not sure.... Anyway, you can use formulas if you just want to hard-code some values in the report and not get the parameter prompt. Another way to do this is to make the report a subreport of a blank main report and hard code the values in the main report and then link them to the subreport. This prevents the parameter prompt as well. Another idea is to change the look of the parameter box by changing it's CSS file (it's really just an HTML window). Look for the file "promptengine_default.css" in the \css\ subfolder of CR installation direction. Again, there are lots of options here depending upon what you really want to do.
I talk about using the subreport option on page 198 in my book. I talk about formatting the parameter dialog box using CSS in Tutorial 4-9.
|