|
Hi,
I have an issue in fetching the crosstab generated subtotal column in a formula field based on groups. Please allow me to explain where I am stuck.
I am having product wise sales belonging to a group over 5 years,
wherein the years are shown horizontally (monthwise and then grouped by
year) and the products vertically, grouped by another field in the cross
tab.
I have to display the annual summary for each products vertically. The
Annual summary column is basically a subtotal generated by cross tab
which you can suppress from the cross tab expert. (Subtotal for
@yeargroup)
My issue is for Group 1, I have to show the AVERAGE of the annual sales,
and for group 2, the TOTAL of the annual sales (in the same crosstab
generated subtotal column for @yeargroup).
I can write a logic in the "Display String" formula field of the the
same, but I am unable to fetch the required grouped series as a field.
e.g. Display string formula field crystal syntax for the subtotal in the crosstab:
Local Varchar newsales;
Local Varchar total;
Local Varchar avg;
newsales:= currentfieldvalue; // I want currentfield here instead of the currentfieldvalue
total:= sum(newvalues);
avg:=average(newvalues);
If (condition) then
totext(total)
else
totext(avg)
The above doesnt work (obviously) since crystal seeks a field for
newvalues, instead of currentfieldvalue. But I dont know how to fetch
the field which is a cross tab generated column and not something coming
from the database. I can do total:= newvalues + 100; etc but I need a
sum/average of the series grouped in the crosstab
Thanks in advance,
Kunal
|