Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: CR 11: getting multiple data from one field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mjfmn
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote mjfmn Replybullet Topic: CR 11: getting multiple data from one field
     Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 5:06am
Hello, thanks for reading this (Crystal Reports XI).

I have two tables, Account and Header.  I want to print out all of the records in Account, each record has three fields:

Acct1, Acct2 and Acct3.

Combined, they make up the account number.  IE - Acct1=101, Acct2=12345, Acct3=67890, the account number is 1011234567890.

In the Header table are the descriptions for each of the account fields.  For example, 101 might be "General", 12345 might be "Sales", and 67890 might be "Supplies".

The person who designed this table, however, only used two fields.  One is simply AcctNo, the other is Description.  There are no matches within the numbers in AcctNo, so it contains ALL of the numbers in the 3 fields from the Account table, and the corresponding descriptions are correct.  This layout looks like:

AcctNo   Description
101        General
12345    Sales
67890    Supplies

If I could just link the fields from each table directly, this would be easy.  But I want to print all three descriptions for each account number, so that the report would look like this (from the examples above):

101-12345-67890    General   Sales   Supplies

I'm hitting partial success, but never full success.  Can anyone offer a solution to this problem?  Thanks again!
Mike
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum