Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Two seperate YearID Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Shawnlo
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 May 2011
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Quote Shawnlo Replybullet Topic: Two seperate YearID
     Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 5:44am
Hi,
 
I have been building a report for a while now.  I ran into an issue this morning I was hoping someone could help with.  I have an Oracle Database I only have read access, and I am unable to create views.
 
My problem is I have to pull Data within a specific year however the Database is setup so that the year data does not match.
 
 
One of my fields is {STOREDGRADES.TERMID} this has data that looks like 1900 2000 2001 2002 etc.
 
The other field that I need to filter Data based on year is {STANDARDSGRADES.YEARID} this contains data such as 20, 21,22 etc
 
The data lines up like this:
2000 = 20
2001 = 21
2002 = 22
 
My hopes is someone can help me find a way to select the {STANDARDSGRADES.YEARID} based on {STOREDGRADES.TERMID}
 
I have a subreport that pulls data based on the following
 
{STOREDGRADES.TERMID} = {?Pm-?Year TermID} and
{STUDENTS.ID} = {?Pm-STUDENTS.ID} and
{STOREDGRADES.COURSE_NUMBER} like "*LA*" and
{STOREDGRADES.STORECODE} = {?Pm-?Storecode}
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 3:59am
the first answer that pops to mind is to create a Command Object that is a reference table between the 2 tables and then Link the 2 tables together using the reference table.
 
I haven't done this myself, but I believe that it is doable....
 
at the very least it is a path to try.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Shawnlo
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 May 2011
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 22
Quote Shawnlo Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 4:15am
Thank you for your reply, can't say I have ever played with a command object but it is something I will look into.

It turns out I found a Terms table in the database that I can link to this table on which I believe will solve my problem.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum